Sharing Craftiness

Since we can't get together as often as we would like, this blog is to help us share some of the things that we create.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

HECK YES I DID....and I never will again!!

I learned a lot while I was knitting this sweater, how to slip slip knit, mattress stitch, and pick up stitches, but most importantly I learned that I never want to knit another sweater again in my life. It was really hard. And the tight time frame with a deadline made it even harder. I am, though, really really proud of how it turned out.Maddy almost didn't wear it because it was 80 degrees that night but after seeing the tears well in my eyes she put it back on. The first few pictures are of the sweater in progress....









I also knitted the tie that she's wearing. I think she looks freaking amazing and she gets to wear the costume two more times when we go see the movies. The specktrascopes were made out of cardboard and Maddy colored them and we also made a cork necklace which took about 2 minutes and made her costume very cool.


I crocheted the radish earrings. I found the pattern on Ravelry but I HATED it. It was confusing and also made the earrings way too big. So I improvised and made them up myself and they turned out well enough, although they don't match.


Joel was Indiana Jones and all I had to do for him is make him a satchel. We already had his hat and we bought the shirt, pants, and belt at Goodwill for 5 bucks. He looked awesome. Here he is re-enacting the scene from Temple of Doom when Indy is sleeping on the plane.




I also made the kids some Halloween Pajama shorts.I reused the pattern and they turned out really well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Maddy and Joel both look super cute. I missed you guys. This Halloween SUCKED!

    ReplyDelete